Bar Line Tours
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
This is a Legally Binding Document
Please Read Carefully Before Boarding the Tour
City _________________________________ State _________ Zip ___________________
Name & Phone of Emergency Contact ___________________________________________
1. Assumption of Risk. I understand that Bar Line Tours (BLT) is acting solely as an agent in arranging tours, transportation, venues, and other services and does not assume liability for any accidents, injuries, delays, loss, or damage, due to any act or default by you, BLT, or any bar, restaurant, brewery, retail store, or company that the tours visit. I acknowledge my participation in the Tour provided by Bar Line Tours is voluntary and at my own risk. I understand that I voluntarily ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY for any risk of loss, personal injury, including death that may be sustained by me, and any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of participation in the Tour, whether caused by the negligence of the Staff (as defined in section 4), or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by the law.
2. Consumption of Alcohol. I acknowledge that the Tour may involve the consumption of alcohol. I represent and warrant to BLT that I am over the legal drinking age of 21. I fully understand that there may be consumption of alcohol before, during, and/or after the Tour at brewery/bar/restaurant/retail shop visits along the Tour either by me or other participants on the Tour. I understand and acknowledge the potential risks and dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol. I am aware that this activity includes the risk of injury and even death, and hereby elect to voluntarily participate, knowing that it may be hazardous to me and my property. I also acknowledge that it is my responsibility NOT TO BECOME INTOXICATED during the Tour, and that BLT is not responsible if I become intoxicated. I take full responsibility for any liability associated with my intoxication, during or after the Tour. I acknowledge that BLT assumes no liability for injuries that may occur to me or others, and no liability for any civil or criminal violation or damages that may be assessed against me or others, and no liability for any civil or criminal violation or damages that may be assessed against me as a result of my being intoxicated before, during, or after the Tour.
3. Risk of Tour. I understand the Tour may involve walking on unfamiliar corridors, gangways, stairways and driveways, getting in and out of trains and vehicles, and crossing busy public streets. I hereby accept any risk of tripping, slipping, and falling, slipping before, during, or after a Tour. I understand that I am to remain seated or standing safely when on the metro. Any dancing, climbing, running, or hanging is not permitted and is done at my own risk. With this knowledge, I voluntarily assume full responsibility for the risks of touring under the influence of alcohol and for my behavior, well-being and health during the Tour. I agree not to hold BLT, its Staff, or the hosting bar/brewery/restaurant/retail store/facility/LA City Metro liable in any way should any harm come to me,
4. Waiver Claims and Release of Liability. I AGREE TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS I MAY HAVE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, RELEASE FROM ALL LIABILITY AND AGREE NOT TO SUE BAR LINE TOURS (BLT), its members, agents, representatives, employees or tour guides, (Collectively referred to as “Staff”) for any death, personal injury, property damage, or loss sustained by me as a result of participation in the Tour or while traveling to and from the Tour due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation, negligence on the part of BLT, its Staff, tour partners, metro partners, or other participants. I further agree that if I violate this agreement and attempt to bring suit against any parties named herein, the lawsuit must be brought in Los Angeles County and under the laws of California. I agree that I will also be held responsible for attorney’s fees and costs incurred by any party, including BLT, in defending such action.
5. Indemnification. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the Staff from any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorneys’ fees that the Staff may incur due to my participation on the Tour, whether caused by negligence of Staff or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by the law.
6. Medical Declarations. I represent that (1) I do not have, or am not aware of, any medical condition(s) including pregnancy, that may impact my participation on this tour and (2) I do not take any medications that would result in any injury or damage to me or any other person(s) as a result of participating on this tour including consumption of alcohol. I understand that it is my obligation to disclose to BLT any medical conditions, including pregnancy, and any medications that would result in any injury or damage to me or any other person(s) as a result of my consumption of alcohol.
7. Accident Coverage. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to provide for my own accident and health coverage while participating in the Tour and while transporting myself to and from the Tour; accident and health coverage is not provided by BLT.
8. Illegal Activity. I agree that if BLT staff finds or suspects that I am participating in any illegal activity, disorderly conduct, or verbal/physical abuse during the Tour, BLT reserves the right to terminate my participation on the Tour immediately. I acknowledge that BLT has the right to terminate my service regardless of location without return to point of pick up. Upon termination of service, I agree that I am liable for the entire balance of service. I acknowledge that this Agreement releases BLT from any liability at the time of termination.
9. Right of Publicity License. By initialing here ________ I agree to grant Bar Line Tours (BLT) a worldwide, royalty-free license to use my photographic, video, or digital likeness solely for promotional, marketing, or other commercial purposes.
10. Acknowledgement. I understand that the permission to participate on the Tour is being given to me in exchange for the execution of this Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement. I understand that this is a release of liability, which will legally prevent me or any other person from filing suit or making any other claims for damages in the event of personal injury, death, or property damages.
IN SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read and understand this Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement. I represent that my participation is voluntary and I am at least twenty-one (21) years of age and competent to sign this Agreement. I acknowledge that I am executing this agreement by my own free will and under no inducement to participate. I also agree that this Agreement will be binding upon my heirs, executors, next of kin, administrators and successors.
Print Name ________________________________________________
Date Signed _____ / _____ / _____
Acknowledgement of Receipt
Bar Line Tours
_____________ Initials of Authorized Staff